Govt Vocational Higher Secondary School, Malayinkeezhu is situated at Malayinkeezhu village in Kattakada Taluk. It was started as a “KUDIPALLIKKOODAM” in 1860 for imparting education to the children up to the 7th standard. The ANAPPARA school building was inaugurated in 1864 August 25th by the former chief minister of Kerala and the Governor of Andhra Pradesh, Shri. Pattom A Thanupillai. Both Boys and girls were educated here. Later the girls were shifted to the Girls High School in 1974. From then this school was known as Govt Boys High School. The medium of instruction was Malayalam. The first Headmaster of this school was Shri Subrahmania Iyer. Vocational Higher Secondary Section was started in 1989, and now it is known as Govt VHSS Malayinkeezhu. With the help of the former students, English medium started here from 2015 June onwards. The admission process of English medium was inaugurated by Shri.Balachandran Sir, the State Teacher Award Winner, former teacher and student. The first student of English medium was G.Govind, the son of a former student.